Enabling Secure Email in Outlook 2003
Before adjusting these settings, please see the TechDesk Article SSL Email Compatibility, as certain Anti-Virus & Anti-Spam products are acknowledged as being incompatible with these settings by their manufacturers.
If Lawyers Online have instructed you to update your settings, and you are affected by the above, please see the TechDesk Article Changing Email Server Settings in Outlook 2003
- Click 'Tools' in the menu bar to bring up the tools menu.
- Click 'E-Mail Accounts' in the Tools menu to open the Accounts window. You may have to click the double-arrow at the bottom of the menu to expand the menu to display this option.
- In the 'E-mail Accounts' window, make sure that your Incoming mail server is set to securecollect.lawyersonline.co.uk.
- In the 'E-mail Accounts' window, make sure that your Outgoing mail server is set to securesend.lawyersonline.co.uk.
- Click 'More Settings...'
- Click the 'Outgoing Server' Tab
- Tick 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication'
- Select the 'Log on using' option
- Enter your Email account details into the 'User name' and 'Password' boxes
- Place a tick in the 'Remember password' box
- Click OK to close the Internet E-mail Settings window
- Click 'Next >' on the 'E-mail Accounts' window
- Click 'Finish' to close the 'E-mail Accounts' window
After you have followed these steps your computer is enabled to use the Lawyers Online secure email facility.