Changing Email Server Settings in Mozilla Thunderbird
- In the Left-Hand menu, open the section for the appropriate account (if not already open), and select 'Server Settings'.
- Ensure that the 'Server Name' is set to securecollect.lawyersonline.co.uk.
- In the Left-Hand menu, select 'Outgoing Server (SMTP)'.
- Select the default server.
- Click 'Edit...'
- Ensure that the 'Server Name' is set to securesend.lawyersonline.co.uk.
- Click 'OK' to close the 'SMTP Server' window.
- Click 'OK' to close the 'Account Settings' window.
- Perform a 'Get Mail' in the normal manner.
- The first time you do this after changing the settings, Thunderbird will prompt for a Password.
- Enter your Email account Password into the 'Password' box.
- Tick 'Use Password Manager to remember this password'
- Click 'OK'
After you have followed these steps your computer will have the correct settings for your Lawyers Online email facility.