Enabling Secure Email in Outlook 2007
Before adjusting these settings, please see the TechDesk Article SSL Email Compatibility, as certain Anti-Virus & Anti-Spam products are acknowledged as being incompatible with these settings by their manufacturers.
If Lawyers Online have instructed you to update your settings, and you are affected by the above, please see the TechDesk Article Changing Email Server Settings in Outlook 2007
- In the new window, select the account you wish to change from the list
- Click the 'Change...' button.
- In the 'Change E-mail Account' window, make sure that your Incoming mail server is set to securecollect.lawyersonline.co.uk.
- In the 'Change E-mail Account' window, make sure that your Outgoing mail server is set to securesend.lawyersonline.co.uk.
- Click 'More Settings...'
- In the new window, click on the 'Outgoing Server' tab
- Tick 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication'
- Select the 'Log on using' option
- Enter your Email account details into the 'User name' and 'Password' boxes
- Place a tick in the 'Remember password' box
- Click the 'Advanced' Tab
- Select the 'SSL' option for both 'Use the following type of encrypted connection' dropdowns.
- Click OK to close the Internet E-mail Settings window
- Click 'Next >' on the 'Change E-mail Account' window
- Click 'Finish' to close the 'Change E-mail Account' window
After you have followed these steps your computer is enabled to use the Lawyers Online secure email facility.