Code of Practice
- 1. Introduction
- Lawyers On Line Ltd is the Internet Service provider dedicated to the UK legal profession. Our business is to recommend, specify and provide suitably secure & effective methods of communication over the Internet.
- Originally founded by busy Solicitors with a need for specialised Internet services, through sound technical expertise and the knowledge gained of broader Legal Industry matters, Lawyers Online Ltd has evolved into a specialist ISP to the UK Legal Profession as a whole.
- In October 1998 the Law Society distributed 84000 CD-ROMs providing the software to set-up and go online with free Lawyers Online Internet Connection & Mail accounts. We remain fully committed to helping members of the legal profession grasp the opportunities offered by these times of technological advancement and legal reform.
- 2. Contact Details
- Lawyers On line Ltd
- Hereford House
- 3 Offa Street
- HR1 2LL
Customer service phone number(s): 0845 388 67 91
Customer service e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site: https://technical.lawyersonline.co.uk/
- Full contact details can be found at: https://technical.lawyersonline.co.uk/contact
- 3. Terms and conditions, including prices and tariffs
- Our Services
- Lawyers Online Ltd provides a full range of high quality services to domestic and business users, from high speed DSL Broadband Internet access, to database driven Web site design and e-commerce solutions. Additional services include ISDN & Leased Line connectivity, Virtual Private Networking and specialised Data Security Audits.
- A list of products and services available from Lawyers Online Ltd can be found on our homepage: https://technical.lawyersonline.co.uk/.
- The set-up and activation of services will require contact with sales and/or technical staff at the contact addresses/numbers provided.
- Enquiries & orders can be accepted by telephone, email, and letter.
- Pricing Information
- Wherever possible prices are listed online.
- Details of special Offers and discounts are also published on the web site.
- All details and information relating to prices can be provided in writing (by post or email) or verbally upon request to the contact details provided.
- Written quotations and/or Sales Orders can be provided upon request and where relevant these indicate the period for which they remain valid.
- Where space and printing conditions allow, Sales Orders, Invoices, Receipts & Credit notes are fully itemised.
- Contract conditions
- Full Terms & Conditions can be found at https://technical.lawyersonline.co.uk/terms and are usually printed on the reverse of Sales Orders, Invoices, Receipts and Credit Notes. Additional copies are available on request.
- Standard payment terms are 30 days by cheque and/or Direct Debit, but we also accept payment by all major credit cards (except American Express), BACS transfer and Standing Order.
- Unless otherwise stated minimum contract period is 12 months.
- Once provided written notice is required to cancel ordered services. Due to the intermittent nature of use of some services, we will not automatically cancel them due to lack of use, and reserve the right to continue to seek payment of invoices for services that have not been formally cancelled, whether subsequently used or not.
- Our Services
- 4. Customer service
Compensation or refund policy
- Although we attempt to provide all customers with the best possible service, we cannot guarantee that products and services will never be faulty. All reported faults are dealt with as soon as reasonably possible.
- If there is a fault with your service, you should report it as soon as possible by telephoning 0870 7778998 or emailing email@example.com
- We will provide refund of paid fees on a 'Pro-Rata' basis, where credit exists beyond the stated notice period and/or where it can be proved that products/services have not been used due to some fault on our part.
Complaint handling process
- Briefly, the procedure is as follows:
- 1. Customers should contact us, initially by telephone or email, using the contact info here: https://technical.lawyersonline.co.uk/contact
- 2. If an adviser is unable to resolve the issue immediately, it will be escalated to the department's Team Leader.
- 3. Subsequent written complaints should be addressed to the relevant department manager.
- 4. If not fully resolved, the manager will provide the necessary instructions to enable a written complaint to be made to the Managing Director, who will respond in writing within 20 working days of receipt.
- 5. Beyond this you have the option of raising a case with CISAS - please see Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Full details of our complaints handling process, including relevant contact information, can be found at: https://technical.lawyersonline.co.uk/complaints
Alternative dispute resolution procedure
- If we have not resolved your complaint to your satisfaction after 12 weeks or if you have received a letter from us saying that your complaint has reached 'deadlock', you may make a complaint through CISAS, an independent alternative dispute resolution scheme. See Section 6 for contact details.
- Compensation or refund policy
- 5: How to obtain this Code of Practice
- This Code of Practice is published on our web site at https://technical.lawyersonline.co.uk/code-of-practice
Additional electronic or printed copies are available on request and free of charge to any
Domestic and Small Business customer, and may be requested by telephone, email, or in writing:
- We will endeavour to make it available in alternative formats if so required.
- 6: Contact details of related organisations
- 7: Additional information
- This Code has been approved by Ofcom for the purposes of section 52 of the Communications Act 2003.
The Guidelines for producing codes of practice are on Ofcom's Web site at:
- This Code has been approved by Ofcom for the purposes of section 52 of the Communications Act 2003. The Guidelines for producing codes of practice are on Ofcom's Web site at:
Lawyers Online Code of Practice - Last Revised 28/01/2015